Abstracts of Proceedings of the Virginia Company of London, vol. 1888. 1, p. 22. Virginia Historical Society, Richmond, Virginia.
- American Cattle.Orange Judd Co., New York1890
Bailey, J., and Culley, G. 1805. Agriculture in the County of Northumberland. London, third edition.
- The Writings of Colonel William Byrd.Doubleday, Page & Co., New York1901
Bates, Cadwallader, John., Thomas Bates and The Kirklevington Shorthorns. Robert Redpath Newcastle Upon Tyne, p. 26 1897
- History of Agriculture in the Northern United States to 1860.Carnegie Institution, Washington, D. C1925
Bishop. History of American Manufactures, vol. 1, p. 431. Cited by Philip A. Bruce, Economic History of Virginia in the Seventeenth Century, p. 333.
- American Nation. vol.3. Spain in America. Harper & Brothers, New York and London1904
Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1608-1646. Chas. Scribner's Sons, New York, 1923. (Reproduced under the auspices of the American Historical Association.)
- Treatise of Rural Affairs.Olipliant and Balfour, Edinburgh1811
- Economic History of Virginia in the Seventeenth Century.The Hamilton Co., New York1895
Bullock, William. 1649. Virginia, Impartially Examined. Printed by John Hammond, London, p. 7.
- The Beginnings of American Agriculture.McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York1923
Connor, Mrs. Jeannette M. (Thurber). Colonial Records of Spanish Florida, vol. 1. (Fla. Hist. Soc. Pub. No. 5.).
Culley, George, Observations on Livestock. London. 1807.
Darlington, William, Memorials of John Bartram and Humphrey Marshall, p 50. Philadelphia 1849
Denton, Daniel, A Brief Description of New York The Burrows Brothers Co. Reprinted from the original edition of 1670 1902
Devries. Voyages from Holland to America, p. 64. Cited by Philip A. Bruce.
- An Historical Account of the British Settlements in America. Vol. II. Daniel Fowle, Boston1750 (100.)
- The Santa Fe Trail.Longmans, Green & Co., New York1930
Early English, French, Voyages, Original Narratives of Early American, History, Edited by, J.F., Jameson. Chas. Scribner’s Sons, N. Y. Original source: Hakluyt 1906
- American Economic History.Harper & Bros, 1935
Ferris, Benjamin, Original Settlements on the Delaware, p 52. Wilmington 1846
- The Quaker Colonies.Yale University Press, 1921
Gray, Lewis, C., History of Agriculture in Southern U S. to 1860. Carnegie Institution 1933
- Statutes at Large of the Laws of Virginia. vol.1. E. & W. & A, Bartow, New York1823 (395)
Hakluyt, Richard. The Principal Navigations, Voyages, Traffiques, and Discoveries of the English Nation. E. P. Dutton & Co., New York, vol. 6.
Hakluyt, Richard. The Principal Navigations, Voyages, Traffiques, and Discoveries of the English Nation. E.P. Dutton & Co., New York, vol. 7.
- Colonial Mobile.Houghton Mifflin Co., New York1910 (38)
Hamor, Ralph. 1614. A True Discourse of the Present State of Virginia. London.
- A Short History of California.Thos. Crowell Co., New York1929
Iberville, Le Mayne. Historical Journal (French Historical Collections, New Series 110). Cited by J. P. Hamilton.
- The Old Santa Fe Trail.Crane & Co., Topeka, Kan1898 (2. Original Source Narrative of Alvar Hunez Cabeca de Vaea)
- Connecticut. American Commonwealth Series.Houghton, Mifflin & Co., New York1887 (22)
Kuhns, Oscar. The German and Swiss Settlement of Colonial Pennsylvania.
La Harpe. Journal Historique 81. Cited by Gray. History of Agriculture in Southern U. S. to 1860.
Las, Casas, Historia, Vol.1 p. 497; Vol.2 p 3. Cited by Bourne Edward Gaylord. Spain in America. Harper Bros 1904
Lowery, Woodbury. 1513. The Spanish Settlements within the Present Limits of the United States-1561.
Narratives of Early Carolina. William Hilton's Relation,. 1911 1664. Original Narratives of Early American History. Edited by Alexander S. Salley, Jr. Chas. Scribner's Sons, New York.
Narratives of Early Virginia, p. 203. Original Narratives of Early American History. Chas. Seribner's Sons New York 1907
Narratives of Early Pennsylvania, West New Jersey, and Delaware Edited by A. C. Myers. Chas. Seribner's Sons, New York. (Footnote citation, p. 7.) 1912
North Carolina Colonial Records vol.1 Raleigh North Carolina 1886
O’Callaghan, E.B., Documents Relating to the Colonial History of the State of New York Vol.1 Albany 1856
- The Jesuits in North America.Little, Brown & Co., Boston1895 (366)
- Pioneers of France in the New World.Little, Brown & Co., 1876 (Part 1, p. 212)
Pirtle, T.R. History of the Dairy Industry. Majonnier Bros. Co., Chicago,111.
Relation of Lord, Delaware, Printed by William Hall London, 1611. Contained in Narratives of Early Virginia, pp. Original Narratives of Early American History. Chas. Scribner's Sons New York 1907 209-214
- Relation of the State of Virginia.15th Century. Virginia Historical Register. MacParlane and Fergusson, Richmond, 1848
Sanders, Alvin, Howard, The Taurine World. National Geographic Magazine 58, No. 6 591-710 1925
- Travels and Works. vol.2. Edited by Edw. Arber and A. G. Bradley. Published by John Grant, Edinburgh1910 (658)
South Carolina Historical, Society, Collections, vol V. Charleston, South Carolina 1897
- Historich Verheal. Cited in Narratives of New Netherland.Chas. Scribner’S Sons, New York1909
- Christopher Columbus.Houghton, Mifflin and Company, New York1892 (281)
- Winthrop's Journal. Original Narratives of Early American History. vol.1. Chas. Scribner's Sons, New York1908
Yottatt, W., Cattle (American, Edition)., C.M., Saxton New York 1851
User licenseElsevier user license |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy