- Survey shows California response to BST.Hoard's Dairyman. 1988; 133: 474
- Responses of high-producing dairy cows to long-term treatment with pituitary somatotropin and recombinant somatotropin.J. Dairy Sci. 1985; 68: 1352
Boehlje, M., G. Cole, and B. English. 1987. Economic impact of bovine somatotropin on the U.S. dairy industry. Pages 167–176 in Natl. Invitational Workshop on Bovine Somatotropin, St. Louis, MO. Sept. 21–23.
Chalupa, W., D. T. Galligan, and W. E. Marsh. 1987. Single lactation responses of cows supplemented with somatotropin daily for 266 days. Pages 34–45 in Natl. Invitational Workshop on Bovine Somatotropin, St. Louis, MO. Sept. 21–23.
- Effects of administration of bovine somatotropin on milk yield and composition.J. Dairy Sci. 1988; 71: 1515
- Response of lactating dairy cows to multiple injections on sometribove, USAN (recombinant methionyl bovine somatotropin), in a prolonged released system. Part I. Production response.J. Dairy Sci. 1988; 71 (Abstr.): 184
- BST and the dairy industry. A national, regional, and farm-level analysis.USDA Econ. Res. Serv. Agric. Econ. Rep. 1987; : 579
- Response of lactating cows to a second year of recombinant bovine somatotropin (BST) when fed two energy concentrations.J. Dairy Sci. 1988; 71 (Abstr.): 122
Kalter, R. J., and R. A. Milligan. 1987. Factors affecting dairy farm management and profitability. Pages 131 – 145 in Natl. Invitational Workshop on Bovine Somatotropin, St. Louis, MO. Sept. 21–23.
Kalter, R. J., R. Milligan, W. Lesser, W. Magrath, L. Tauer, and D. Bauman. 1985. Biotechnology and the dairy industry: production costs, commercial potential, and the economic impact of the bovine growth hormone. Cornell Univ. Agric. Econ. Res. 85-20, Ithaca, NY.
- Potential impact of the growth hormone and other technology on the United States dairy industry by the year 2000.J. Dairy Sci. 1987; 70: 487
- Biosynthetic or pituitary extracted bovine growth hormone induced galactopoiesis in dairy cows.J. Dairy Sci. 1986; 69 (Abstr.): 118
- Nutrient requirements of dairy cattle.6th ed. Natl. Acad. Sci, Washington, DC1988
Norman, H. D., E. F. Myers, and F. N. Dickinson. 1987. NCDHIP participation as of January 1, 1987. Natl. Coop. Dairy Herd Improvement Program Fact Sheet K-1.
Nowak, P. J. 1987. The political and methodological context of social impact assessments: a case example of bovine somatotropin. Pages 209–233 in Natl. Invitational Workshop on Bovine Somatotropin, St. Louis, MO. Sept. 21–23.
Office of Technology Assessment. 1986. Technology, public policy, and the changing structure of American agriculture. Office Technol. Assessment F-285, Washington, DC.
Ohio Dairy Enterprise Budgets. 1987. Ohio Agric. Ext. Serv. MM-391.
- Response of high-producing cows given daily injections of recombinant bovine somatotropin from d 30–296 of lactation.J. Dairy Sci. 1988; 71 (Abstr.): 206
- Effect of increased production per cow on economic returns.J. Dairy Sci. 1987; 70: 2695
US Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service. 1988. Dairy situation and outlook report. DS-414.
Wiggans, G. R., and S. M. Hubbard. 1987. USDA Summary of 1986 herd averages. Natl. Coop. Dairy Herd Improvement Program Fact Sheet K-3.
Yonkers, R. D., R. D. Knutson, and J. W. Richardson. 1987. Dairy farm income as affected by BST; regional characteristics. Pages 146–165 in Natl. Invitational Workshop on Bovine Somatotropin, St. Louis, MO. Sept. 21–23.
User licenseElsevier user license |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy