Abbreviation key:AB (adult bovine rennet), CR (calf rennet), FPC (fermentation-produced chymosin), LSD (least significant difference)
- Official methods of analysis.14th ed. AOAC, Washington, DC1984
- Comparison of Babcock and ether extraction methods for determination of fat content of milk: collaborative study.J. Assoc. Offic. Anal. Chem. 1988; 71: 898
- Kjeldahl method for determination of total nitrogen content of milk: collaborative study.J. Assoc. Offic. Anal. Chem. 1990; 73: 849
- Cheddar cheese yields in New York.J. Dairy Sci. 1984; 67: 1873
- Some observations on the determination of the activity of rennet.Analyst. 1952; 77: 57
- An improved method of observing the clotting of milk containing rennin.J. Dairy Res. 1952; 19: 328
- Comparison of Cheddar cheese made with a recombinant calf chymosin and with standard calf rennet.J. Dairy Res. 1989; 56: 657
Birkkjaer, H., and P. Johnk. 1985. Technological suitability of calf rennet substitutes. Page 8 in Int. Dairy Fed. Bull. No. 194, Int Dairy Fed., Brussels, Belgium.
- Comparison of fermentation produced chymosin and calf rennet in Cheddar cheese.Aust J. Dairy Technol. 1990; 45: 53
Crawford, R.J.M. 195. Future developments in rennet and its use in the cheese factory. Page 14 in Int. Dairy Fed. Bull. No. 1984, Int. Dairy Fed., Brussels, Belgium.
- Milk clotting enzymes. 1. Proteolysis during cheese-making in relation to estimated losses of yield.J. Dairy Sci. 1990; 73: 2007
- Cheese yield experiments and proteolysis by milk-clotting enzymes.J. Dairy Sci. 1990; 73: 2028
- Cheddar cheese made with bovine pepsin. I. Yield and quality of cheese.Can. Inst. Food Sci. Technol. J. 1976; 9: 189
- Heterogeneity of crystalline rennin.J. Dairy Sci. 1958; 41: 1663
Federal Register. 1990. Direct food substances af firmed as generally recognized as safe: ehymosin enzyme preparation derived from Escherichia coli K 12. Fed. Reg. 55(57):10932.
- Milk-clotting and proteolytic activities of rennet, and of bovine pepsin and porcine pepsin.J. Dairy Res. 1969; 36: 427
- Determination of rennin and bovine pepsins in commercial rennets and abomasal juices.J. Dairy Sci. 1972; 55: 1641
- Review of the progress of dairy science: milk coagulants.J. Dairy Res. 1977; 44: 159
- Cheddar cheesemaking with recombinant calf chymosin synthesized in Escherichia coli.J. Dairy Res. 1985; 52: 281
- Use of recombinant chymosin in the manufacture of Cheddar and Colby cheese.J. Dairy Sci. 1988; 71: 1127
International Dairy Federation. 1964. Determination of the casein content of milk. Int. Dairy Fed. Standard 29. Int. Dairy Fed., Brussels, Belgium.
International Dairy Federation. 1987. Calf rennet and adult bovine pepsin: determination of chymosin and bovine pepsin contents. Int. Dairy Fed. Standard 110A. Int. Dairy Fed., Brussels, Belgium.
- Influence of pasteurization on fat and nitrogen recoveries and Cheddar cheese yield.J. Dairy Sci. 1990; 73: 561
- Standard methods for the examination of dairy products.Am. Publ. Health Assoc., Inc., Washington, DC1985
Teuber, M. 1990. Production of chymosia (EC 3.4,23.4) by microorganisms and its use for cheese-making. Page 3 in Int. Dairy Fed. Bull. 251, Bit. Dairy Fed., Brussels, Belgium.
- Effect of milk-clotting enzymes on cheese yield.J. Dairy Sci. 1990; 73: 8
- Cheese.Orange Judd Publ. Co., Inc., New York, NY1952
User licenseCreative Commons Attribution – NonCommercial – NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article (private use only, not for distribution)
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
- Distribute translations or adaptations of the article
Elsevier's open access license policy