Abbreviation key:ACD (evaluation based on all data), FCD (evaluation based on first-country data only), INTERBULL (International Bull Evaluation Service), MACE (multiple across country evaluation), PT (preferential treatment), R80 (evaluation based on limiting SCD to 80% reliability), R90 (evaluation based on limiting SCD to 90% reliability), SCD (second-country data)
- Application of international sire evaluations.J. Dairy Sci. 1995; 78 (Abstr.): 221
Banos, G., J. Philipsson, B. Bonaiti, M. Carabano, J. Claus, P. Leroy, P. Rozzi, G. Swanson, and J. Wilmink. 1993. Report of a joint research project between INTERBULL and COPA/COGECA on the feasibility of a simultaneous genetic evaluation of Black-and-White dairy bulls across the European Community countries. INTERBULL Bull. No. 9. Int. Bull Eval. Serv., Uppsala, Sweden.
- Genetic relationships and linear model comparisons between United States and Canadian Ayrshire and Jersey populations.J. Dairy Sci. 1991; 74: 1060
Bonaiti, B., D. Boichard, A. Barbat, and S. Mattalia. 1993. Problems arising with genetic trend estimation in dairy cattle. Page 63 in Proc. INTERBULL Annu. Mtg., Aarhus, Denmark. INTERBULL Bull. No. 8. Int. Bull Eval. Serv., Uppsala, Sweden.
- A method of comparing sires evaluated in different countries.Livest. Prod. Sci. 1985; 13: 321
- Use of international data in national genetic evaluations.J. Dairy Sci. 1995; 78 (Abstr.): 222
Mattalia, S. and B. Bonaiti. 1993. Use of full sib families to estimate the ‘a’ coefficients of conversion formulas between countries. Page 73 in Proc. INTERBULL Annu. Mtg., Aarhus, Denmark. INTERBULL Bull. No. 8. Int. Bull Eval. Serv., Uppsala, Sweden.
- Factors affecting calculation and use of conversion equations for genetic merit of dairy bulls.J. Dairy Sci. 1994; 77: 2679
- Model for international evaluation of dairy sires.Livest. Prod. Sci. 1985; 12: 105
- Multiple-country comparison of dairy sires.J. Dairy Sci. 1994; 77: 2671
- Factors influencing international comparisons of dairy sires.J. Dairy Sci. 1995; 78 (Abstr.): 221
Weigel, K. A., and T. J. Lawlor, Jr. 1994. MACE for total conformation score of Holstein bulls from the Netherlands and the United States. Page 146 in Proc. INTERBULL Annu. Mtg., Ottawa, ON, Canada. INTERBULL Bull. No. 10. Int. Bull Eval. Serv., Uppsala, Sweden.
- Conversions of breeding values for milk from different populations.Livest. Prod. Sci. 1986; 14: 223
User licenseElsevier user license |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy