Abbreviation key:ECM (energy-corrected milk), WCS (whole cottonseed), WCS + 2S (WCS coated with 2.5% gelatinized cornstarch)
- Official Methods of Analysis. Vol I. AOAC, Arlington, VA1990 15th ed.
- Influence of pelleting whole cottonseed on ration digestibility and milk production and composition.J. Dairy Sci. 1985; 68: 3255-3261
- Response of lactating dairy cows to mechanically processed whole cottonseed.J. Dairy Sci. 1997; 80: 2062-2068
- Effect of coating whole cottonseed on performance of lactating dairy cows.J. Dairy Sci. 1999; 82: 1296-1304
- Cotton feed product composition and gossypol availability and toxicity.in: Proc. 2nd Natl. Alternative Feeds Symp. St. Louis, MO. Univ., Missouri, Columbia1995: 125-146
- Effectiveness of neutral detergent fiber in whole cottonseed and dried distillers grains compared with alfalfa haylage.J. Dairy Sci. 1993; 76: 2644-2650
- A review of the nutritive value and utilization of whole cottonseed, cottonseed meal and associated by-products by dairy cattle.Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 1987; 18: 89-129
- Effect of lint on whole cottonseed passage and digestibility and diet choice on intake of whole cottonseed by Holstein cows.J. Dairy Sci. 1985; 68: 1198-1206
Goering, H. K., and P. J. Van Soest. 1970. Forage Fiber Analysis (Apparatus, Reagents, Procedures, and Some Applications). Agric. Handbook No. 379. ARS-USDA, Washington, DC.
- Water and starch rates for coating cottonseed.in: Proc. Beltwide Cotton Conf. San Diego, CA. Natl. Cotton Counc. Am., Memphis, TN1998: 1599-1602
- Coating cottonseed for improved handling characteristics.in: Proc. Beltwide Cotton Conf. New Orleans, LA. Natl. Cotton Counc. Am., Memphis, TN1997: 1599-1602
Laird, W., T. C. Wedegaertner, T. D. Valco, and R. V. Baker. 1997. Engineering factors for coating and drying cottonseed to create a flowable product. Page 13 in ASAE Paper No. 97-1015, Minneapolis, MN.
- Influence of dietary cottonseed and soybean on milk production and composition.J. Dairy Sci. 1988; 71: 2677-2688
- Cottonseed and oil in dairy rations at two roughage levels.Feedstuffs. 1978; 50: 20-21
- Natl. Cottonseed Products Assoc., Memphis, TN1997 Rules of the National Cottonseed Products Association Inc. 1997.
- Nutrient Requirements of Dairy Cattle.6th rev. ed. Natl. Acad. Sci., Washington, DC1989
- The effect of heat treatment of whole cottonseed on site and extent of protein digestion in dairy cows.J. Anim. Sci. 1986; 62: 1423-1433
- Effects of heat treatment and physical processing of cottonseed on nutrient digestibility and production performance by lactating cows.J. Dairy Sci. 1997; 80: 1685-1694
SAS® Technical Report: Changes and Enhancements, Release 6.07. 1992. SAS Inst., Inc., Cary, NC.
- Protein solubility, in vitro ammonia concentration, and in situ disappearance of extruded whole cottonseed and other protein sources.J. Dairy Sci. 1988; 71: 3323-3333
- Performance of dairy cows fed short staple, pima, and cracked pima cottonseed and feed characteristics.J. Dairy Sci. 1993; 76: 3555-3561
- Prediction of the energy value of cow's milk.J. Dairy Sci. 1965; 48: 1215-1223
- A dairy cows body condition scoring system and its relationship to selected production characteristics.J. Dairy Sci. 1982; 65: 495-501
User LicenseElsevier user license |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy